StellarÂ® Headcollar from Equilibrium Products
An all-weather field safe headcollar that could save your horse from serious injury! Â
For a piece of equipment used on almost a daily basis, whether it's in the field, to lead and tie up or to travel with, shouldn't all head collars be 'safe'? We should be able to trust our horsesâ€™ head collars to be fit for purpose, but also to release in the situation of a serious incident.
A survey of 5615 horse owners* was conducted to find out their experience using headcollars.
The results were surprising.
- Almost 1 out of 3 people experienced a horse being injured as a result of a headcollar.
- More than 1 in 7 people have been injured in a headcollar related incident.
- There were 167 horse fatalities as a result of a headcollar.
The StellarÂ® Field Safe Headcollar has been scientifically tested to have a consistent release point where the headpiece releases when poll pressure is applied, with an average of 83kg of downward force.Â
When handling horses, we canâ€™t afford for a headcollar to release at too low a force, because itâ€™s not practical to use. However, if the headcollar doesnâ€™t open at all or at a high load, it increases the risk of injury and, as weâ€™ve seen from the survey results, the injury could even be fatal. Equilibrium Products research indicates that the Stellar Headcollar release point is strong enough for safe horse handling, but low enough to prevent serious injury to the horse in the event of an incident.
- Reusable safety release system.
- Scientifically tested.
- Smart, durable and weatherproof material.
- Padding for comfort.
- UK Patent Application No. 2000234.1.
Not suitable for horses with a neoprene allergy.Â
We aim to ship all orders within 24 hours of receiving your order, wherever possible.
Standard UK shipping (3-5 day tracked courier) is free for orders over £60, or £4.95 for orders below £60.
Express UK shipping (1-2 day tracked courier) is £9.99.
International shipping is not currently available, while we figure out the complexities (sorry, we'll get there soon!).
Owned and run by experienced horse owners who care about your horse's welfare
- Established in 2005
- Safe, secure shopping
- Fast dispatch
- 365 day return policy
- Excellent after-sales customer support
- We're a small, family-run business, so you're putting food on our table (and haylage in our horses' haybars!)